Building a REST API with Spring Boot
Level up with Spring Academy Pro
Ready to take your Spring skills to the next level? Upgrade to Spring Academy Pro and unlock access to all our Pro courses, lessons, labs—it’s everything you need to become a Spring Certified Professional.
In this lab you will complete the following objectives:
- Understand our security requirements
- Add the Spring Security dependency
- Configure and test Basic Authentication
- Configure and support Authorization
- Update our Repository to support filtering by
- Utilize our Repository updates in our Controller to enhance security
- Ensure only the correct Cash Card owner can create and own new Cash Cards
- Learn how we deal with Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF)
Staff Solutions Architect, Software Engineer
Carlton is a veteran of product and consulting companies where he's been writing and delivering software for longer than he cares to admit.
Senior Staff Engineer, Software Consultant, XP nerd
Joe is a passionate software engineer and Agile (XP!) practitioner with a mission to help others achieve amazing outcomes through software.
Spring Developer Advocate, open-source hacker, book/video author and speaker
Josh has been the first Spring Developer Advocate since 2010. Josh is a Java Champion, an author of 6 books, a producer of best-selling video training, an open-source contributor, a podcaster, and a YouTuber.