Building Native Applications with Spring Boot and GraalVM
Would you like to learn about efficient Spring Boot native applications built with GraalVM? Then this course is for you!
What you'll learn in this course
- What are GraalVM native images?
- Create a Spring Boot native application from scratch!
- We provide an in-browser interactive development environment in the course itself, so you don't need to install anything on your own device.
Prerequisites for this course
- You should be familiar with Java, the JVM ecosystem, and software development in general.
- You should be familiar the use of Docker (OCI) container images for local development, and application deployment.
- Familiarity with the Spring Boot framework would be helpful, but you'll be able to complete the course even with little Spring and Spring Boot knowledge.
Native Images: Why, How, and Tradeoffs
What is Spring Boot native image and how is it related to the JVM and GraalVM?
Lab: Build your first Spring Boot Native Application
Build an application from scratch using Spring Boot and GraalVM. Build and run it three different ways!
Migrating an Existing Spring Boot Application to a native image
How do you migrate an existing Spring Boot application in order to compile it as a native image?
Lab: Migrating an Existing Spring Boot Application to native image
Start with an existing Spring Boot application, and by the end of the Lab, compile it to a native image